Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Square Dance Quilt


I am really gaining momentum on this quilt made up of square dance blocks and a mixture of Amy Butler fabrics.  I decided to use a lot of white to balance out the wild patterns.  I added more blocks featuring some red fabrics so the color will be more varied on the sides with the top remaining a mix of blues, turquoise and green.  I finished a total of 56 fourteen inch square blocks and laid the quilt out in 8 rows of 7.  The finished quilt will be a little larger than a standard queen.  I'm still debating about whether I want to "quilt" it myself or send it out to be finished on a long arm machine.  It's such a simple design that I should be able to easily "stitch in the ditch" along all the seams but I also love the idea of having a beautiful feather or scroll pattern.  This will be for our bedroom so I'm tempted to really make it a showstopper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment