Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A new passion... Scrapbooking

I fell in love with scrapbooking years ago before they had all the fancy packages at Michael's and other stores.  Before the stickers, cut outs, stamps, dies, etc.  Back in the day - mid to late 90s, I would use paper, magazines, ticket stubs, souvenirs, postcards, and articles.  Now, I'm completely overwhelmed by all that's available and my old school scrapbooking just isn't going to make the cut.  So, I headed out to Michael's and began with a fresh slate album.  I passed on the premade kits and settled on some stickers, letters, and packet of cards that have quotes about babies (see 3 months below).  I wanted to do something authentic and well, me.  Packages and kits just seem so commercial.  The theme of the first album (the one below) is Ella's first six months.  What an undertaking.  I printed all of the photos we had taken of her at Walmart (9 cents each) and began the arduous task of sorting them by date.  How old was Ella here?  and here?  Finally, I got them identified so that I could begin developing a theme which I decided would be month by month so I could see her grow all over again.  It was such a blessing to do the scrapbook.  I love it.  There's nothing like flipping through an album.  I look at it much more than I do going through photos on my computer or phone.  The album just begs to be read so I read it.  I laugh.  I tear up.  I touch her sweet sleepy face.  And I can't wait to share it with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment