Sunday, October 21, 2012

Bib-a-licious

After finishing a few burp cloths, I decided to try my hand at "bibs". I reviewed several tutorials and patterns online. I took a bit here and there and came up with my own. I began by cutting out a pattern of the bib style that I liked and tracing it with a fabric marker on a piece of a fabric (wrong side). I then pinned the fabric with the outline of the bib to a piece of a white flannel that was also in my stash (right sides together). TIP: DON'T CUT OUT THE BIB PATTERN from THE FABRIC. I left the fabric uncut so that I could sew the two pieces of fabric using my walking foot to guide me around the pattern. I left about a 2-inch gap on one side of the bib unseen so I could turn the bib inside out once I cut out the bib. I then cut out the bib and cut triangular notches around the curves so that they wouldn't bunch up when turning inside out. I turned the bib inside out and machine stitched the entire bib with a zig zag stitch with a 1/4 inch seam allowance. By the time, I made my second bib, I got the hang of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment